Setting your favourite tune as your ringtone and cutting an unwanted part from a recording ignites the requirement for a good audio cutter. As MPEG Layer-3 or MP3 is the most used audio format across all the platforms, mp3 cutter tools are widely available online. Most of them are free and do the job quite efficiently. However, if you want to do more than just cutting, then options are available too. But, they may be worth the price.
Whatever your mp3 cutting needs be, we have got you covered. Here we will discuss the most popular and user-friendly mp3 cutter, free and paid. Also, we will look closely at their features and learn how you can easily cut audio with the help of this tool. Let’s roll.
Read: 5 Best Free Online Screen Recorder You Can Use
Best Online MP3 Cutter to Use
The first and probably the best one is MP3Cutter.com. It has a clear and straightforward user interface with a few additional features. Apart from the Mp3 cutter, it has multiple sub-tools like Audio Joiner, Audio Converter, and Video Compressor.
MP3Cutter supports almost all kinds of audio and video format. So, you won’t need any other tool. Upon landing on the website, you will choose the file option. You can either provide an audio URL or upload it from your computer and start.
- Put fade-in/fade-out effects
- Audio remove function to remove parts of unwanted audio
- Supports multiple audio types
- No additional download works on the web
- Convert to other audio formats
- Safe and secure
How to Use?
- Open MP3Cutter.com
- Upload the audio file in MP3 or other formats that you want to edit
- Move the handlebars and select a starting and endpoint
- You can even go for fade-in/out to add additional effect
- Press the “Cut Audio File” button and get your desired MP3.
Visit MP3 Cutter
2. Audio Trimmer
Audio Trimmer is an excellent choice if you are looking for an easy alternative to complex audio editing software. You can easily trim and cut MP3 files with only a few steps. The web tool is hassle-free. You have large handles and a Keep sign that guides you throughout the process. You can cut, trim, .ogg, .3gpp, .flac, .amr, and various other file types. You can also use Audio Trimmer on your mobile device.
- The mobile-friendly tool works great on tablets and mobiles
- Simple and efficient cutting tool
- Can create ringtones from audio files
- Supports mp3, FLAC, m4a, and several other formats
How to Use?
- Select either an MP3 file or any other type of audio file from your hard drive
- Supported audio file types will start playing automatically; else, click on Upload
- Drag and adjust the handles and notice the Keep sign; it will show the output part
- After you are done selecting, click on Crop.
- Your file is now ready for download.
Try Audio Trimmer
Another great tool to cut and edit audio is MP3Cut. Here, you can add files from local hard drives and cloud storage like Dropbox, Google Drive, or any other link. MP3 Cut allows you to adjust the desired sequence with your keyboard’s arrow keys. Therefore, you have more precision over the final output.
The website tool offers more than just MP3 cutting. It has tools for extracting your favourite tune from a video. Furthermore, you can add fade-in/out effects and create an iPhone ringtone for up to 40 seconds.
- Let you extract audio from a video
- Supports 300+ formats
- Easy audio trimming options
- You can also create iPhone ringtones
- Can out fade in or out effect
How to Use?
- Add files to the tool from local or cloud storage
- Use the interval controller to adjust the start and endpoints
- Adjust the tempo, correct pitch, and download the final audio
If you are into professional editing, you may want to try Kapwing. This web tool comes with a professional layout with more customization. You add effects, correct pitches, fade in/out effects, waveforms, and many more. You can even make videos out of the edited videos.
Kapwing lets you add files for YouTube, Google Drive, or Good Photos and create excellent audio or videos. Apart from these fantastic features, you will fall in love with the unique user interface it possesses.
However, there is a limit of 7 minutes in the free version. You must take the pro membership to work with larger files.
- No annoying ads
- A cloud-based platform, stores, and access from anywhere
- Easily to use
- The powerful tool also supports videos
How to Use?
- Upload your file either from local storage or cloud storage
- Choose a start point and end point and click on Trim
- Download the audio in your desired Format.
Price: Freemium ($16 per month)
Outlast recommendation for cutting MP3 files is Clideo, an intuitive audio cutter online. Like other easy-on-the-eye MP3 cutters, Clideo also has a simple user interface and an online dedicated audio cutter. You can use the MP3 cutter tool for free. But, if you want to use other features in the web tool, you have to take the premium membership. It offers an array of features that will revamp your social presence.
- Fast and efficient ringtone maker
- Give effect to output audio
- Secure from unauthorized use
- Cut to convert to any audio format
How to Use?
- Add files either from a cloud or local storage
- Move the slider to select starting and endpoints
- Click on Export to download the final output.
Price: Free & Paid ($6 per month)
- Which is the best MP3 Cutter?
There are many free & paid MP3 cutters available online. We have listed the best of the above. Choose any one of them to cut or trim your audio.
- How can I cut MP3 songs online?
Cutting or trimming MP3 files is easy. Although some websites may differ, the most generalized form is there. Add your files, select staring, and endpoint, and export your final audio.
- How do I trim an MP3 in Windows Media Player?
You need an additional plugin to cut MP3 from Windows Media Player. Add SolveigMM WMP Trimmer plugin from tool>Plugin to add it to Windows Media Player and get going.
Wrapping Up: Best Online MP3 Cutter
Trimming or cutting audio tools are abundant online. But, most have ads or require to create an account beforehand. But, for your convenience, we have listed the best of the above. All of these websites require little to no technical knowledge to use. Also, you don’t have to be a professional to come up with your favourite Cut. Just upload the files and adjust the handles and get your MP3. Which one do you like the most? Do let us know.