Have you ever noticed, that regardless of how punchy or bright colours your TV produce, it still lacks in the audio department? Predominantly this occurs due to the subpar speakers that come with the TV. No matter what price point you choose, it follows the same.
Adding a simple soundbar can make all the difference, enhancing your overall content consumption experience. As with the majority of soundbars, you can expect a small form factor, that fits right in front or below your TV.
When it comes to soundbars or multi-room audio altogether, you must have come across Sonos. Over the past few years, the company has single-handedly reshaped the market to currently what we see today. Here we are going to discuss some of the best Sonos soundbars that you can purchase based on your requirements.
In our last article, we shared some best Sonos speakers you can buy. Do have a look.
Soundbar Buying Guide Cheat Sheet
When it comes to buying a soundbar, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. Here’s our cheat sheet on finding the perfect soundbar for your home:
- Look for 3 or more Channels: For soundbars, two channels are nothing more than glorified stereo speakers. For an overall immersive experience, always go with 3 or more channels.
- Pick Active Soundbars: By active soundbars, we mean the ones having built-in amplifiers. Be it due to cost-cutting or keeping competitive pricing, there are several companies that offer passive soundbars. Furthermore, you can save more space with a 2-in-1 solution.
- Versatile to Connectivity: The majority of the soundbars actually come with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled. This way you can seamlessly connect your soundbar to any device whatsoever. Also, check if there is HDMI switching. It can help you to switch audio sources without re-routing your cables.
The Best Sonos Soundbar You Can Buy
1. Sonos Beam
For the majority of users, the Sonos Beam is an absolute entry point for soundbars. Apart from being affordable, it packs a very compact size with good audio quality. The Sonos Beam is especially good at handling dialogue-heavy contact including in movies and TV shows. With a 3.0 setup, the Beam has a discrete centre channel ensuring you can pinpoint the exact location.
Furthermore, the Sonos Beam comes with built-in Alexa making it a smart speaker. As for the entire audio quality, it has punchy mid-range with an extra treble for high-pitched vocals. The added dialogue enhancement feature makes the entire experience more immersive. Overall a great choice for anyone looking for a soundbar for smaller rooms.
- Offers a very compact design
- Comes with premium functionalities
- A very well-balanced sound profile
- Great for dialogues in movies
- Doesn’t come with any remote
Buy Sonos Beam
2. Sonos Playbar
The Sonos Playbar was the first-ever soundbar designed by the company. Yet it still manages to keep up with today’s standards and requirements. You can get mixed usage out of the Sonos Playbar. It delivers a very neutral and balanced sound which is suitable for the majority of the audio content.
Although it lacks the sub-bass you need for bass-heavy audio such as music and action movies and shows. There is no support for Dolby Atmos whatsoever. But the wide soundstage surely makes up for it, with an immersive experience for music and movies. So, if the bass is not your priority, the Sonos Playbar can be a great alternative to the Beam.
- Offers a very solid build quality
- You can expect a very balanced sound profile
- Comes with an easily upgradable setup
- Superior centre channel performance
- Does come with full HDMI
- Lack of any sub-bass
Buy Sonos Playbar
3. Sonos Arc
The Sonos Arc is the epitome of what a premium soundbar can offer in terms of sound and performance. Apart from all the usual features, it also packs the Sonos exclusive multi-room functionality. With the support of Dolby Atmos, you can experience the sound coming from all directions.
The Trueplay room correction feature can also come in handy to further optimize audio reproduction based on your room size. Although this feature is only available for iOS devices. As for the overall sound profile, it is really bright as a result you can expect the vocals and instruments to produce clearly. Overall a pretty powerful soundbar to begin with.
- Offers a great and immersive sound experience
- Comes with eARC HDMI
- Packs all the smart features along with Dolby Atmos.
- Lack of HDMI passthrough
- Can be expensive for some
Buy Sonos Arc
Recommended: 8 Best Cheap Laptops You Can Buy
The Bottom Line
So that was our recommendation on some of the top-selling soundbars you can get from Sonos. While curating the article, we factored in the pricing, overall user review, and the total availability of the products. So let us know in the comment section below, which Sonos soundbar you prefer the most.