PDF file formats are handy for sharing, collaborating, and printing. Unlike a doc file, which is editable, PDFs remain intact regardless of the device. Also, it helps to avoid file size limits on email attachments.
In this article, we will walk you through how to convert a Google Doc to a PDF or vice-versa. Let’s get started!
Top Reasons to Convert Your Google Doc into a PDF
1. Preservation of Formatting – Converting to PDF keeps your Google Doc’s look intact, ensuring it appears as intended on any device or software.
2. Universal Compatibility – PDFs open on any device, enabling universal access without specific software requirements, ensuring seamless viewing across all platforms.
3. Securing Sensitive Information – PDFs offer secure access with password protection, restricting content to authorized users for enhanced document security.
4. Preventing Editing – PDFs can’t be edited, making them ideal for sharing reference documents without allowing modifications.
5. File Compression – PDFs compress large files, simplifying email and online sharing, especially with high-resolution images or graphics.
6. Print-Friendly – PDFs maintain layout and formatting when printed, vital for documents like brochures, flyers, or official forms, ensuring print-friendly consistency.
7. Legal Documents – PDFs are trusted in legal settings for forms, contracts, and agreements due to their consistent appearance and widespread acceptance.
Also Read: 4 Ways to Convert PDF to Word
How to Convert Google Doc to PDF?
Follow the step-by-step guide to convert a Google Doc to a PDF.
Step 1: Go to Google Docs and open the document you want to convert.
Step 2: Then, click on File at the top left corner.
Step 3: Click on Download option and choose PDF Document (.pdf).
Step 4: That’s it. You can check your PC’s download folder for the downloaded PDF.
Reminder: You need to set up where all the files should be downloaded. In case, it is not set up, you will find all the downloaded files under the Download folder section. Or else, you have to select a location and a filename for the document and hit the save button.
Email Google Doc as PDF to Anyone
Follow these steps to email a PDF version of a Google Doc.
Step 1: Log into Google Docs, and choose the document you want to convert.
Step 2: Under the File menu, choose Email > Email this file option.
Step 3: Now, enter the recipient’s email address and choose the File type as PDF. You can also send a copy of document to yourself by clicking on the checkbox if needed.
Step 4: Lastly, click on Send.
Convert Google Doc to PDF Using Third Party Tools
You can always rely on a third-party tool to convert a Google Doc to a PDF. There are a lot of sites out there that offer to convert a Google Doc to a PDF for free.
To begin with, you need to save the Google doc as a .docx file by navigating to File > Download > Microsoft Word (.docx).
Step 1: At first, go to SmallPDF website.
Step 2: Now, choose the saved .docx file from your device.
Step 3: Hit the Download button to save the document or you can continue editing.
How to Convert a PDF to Google Doc
You can also convert a PDF to a Google Doc in minutes. Just follow the steps below –
Step 1: First of all, save the PDF on your device.
Step 2: Now, open Google Drive and upload your PDF.
Step 3: Once file is uploaded, right-click on it. A drop-down menu would pop up on the screen. Click on the “Open with” option and choose the “Google Docs”.
Wait for the conversion and go to your Google Docs account to view the saved file.
Also Read: How to Rotate PDF
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to upload a Word file into Google Doc?
To upload a Word file to Google Docs, sign in, open a new document, go to “File” > “Import” > “Upload,” select your Word file, and Google Docs will convert it for editing.
2. How do I convert a Google Doc to PDF without downloading it?
To convert a Google Doc to PDF without downloading, use Google Chrome’s print option. Click “File,” then “Print,” and change the destination to “Save as PDF” to create a PDF without downloading the file separately.
That’s it for today. You now have the knowledge to effortlessly convert Google Docs to PDFs and vice versa. By following the steps detailed in this article, you can seamlessly navigate between these formats. Don’t hesitate to share your conversion experiences in the comments below.