Scam calls have become one of the major problems in America, costing millions of dollars per year. One particular aspect that makes such scams so successful is their ability to disguise as legitimate companies. Dynata, one of the most prominent market research companies in America has been a prominent target for such scams.
That is why, in this article, we are going to discuss in depth what is Dynata and why are they calling me. We would also showcase how to prevent such unwanted calls, and actually check their legitimacy before answering. Keep reading to find out how to take control of your privacy again.
Who is Dynata? Is it a Legitimate Company?
Founded back in 1977 as Survey Sampling International, Dynata is actually a legitimate market research company. The company took the name Dynata after it went through a rebranding and turned into a new business.
Dynata is responsible for conducting surveys on behalf of different companies to target demographics for better insights. This, in turn, allows businesses to acquire more customer and convert sales by understanding their behaviors and opinions.
Why is Dynata Calling Me?
If you are receiving calls from Dynata, chances are you fit the target demographics for the business the company is working with. As stated earlier, there are several companies that work with Dynata, which surveys people based on different demographic factors such as age, location, income group, and more.
On the other hand, you might also receive spam calls from companies claiming to be Dynata. Oftentimes, these calls pose a serious threat and intend to steal personal information from the user. That is why, it is very important to differentiate the spam calls from the real ones.
Red Flags to Look Out for in a Spam Call
Being a legitimate company, Dynata has become the popular choice of disguise for scammers. Here are some of the aspects to look out for in scam calls:
- Asks for Personal Information: By default, surveys are meant to ask recipients their viewpoints and opinions. However, if the survey company requires your personal or financial information such as your Social Security number, bank information, or credit card PIN, it is a complete scam.
- Try to Upsell: Once again, survey companies will ask your opinion on certain products or services but never try to sell them. If the so-called market research turns into a sales pitch, immediately hang up the phone.
- Charges you Money for Survey: Dynata would never ask for a participation fee while conducting a survey. Make sure, not to pay any unknown caller over a phone call.
- Creates FOMO to Participate: If the caller is trying to create a sense of urgency, never entertain such scammers. After all, the scammers are also in a hurry, before they are called out.
- Disobeying the National DND Registry: If you have already registered for the National Do Not Call, Dynata will refrain from calling you. But, even after signing up, you are receiving calls, that are most likely to be scams.
How to Stop Dynata Research from Calling?
Being a legitimate research company. Dynata makes sure to respect their customers, and refrain from contacting them once requested. Scammers posing as Dynata are less likely to cooperate in the same manner. Here are some of the most prominent ways in which you can stop Dynata from calling you:
1. Register with Dynata’s No Contact List
Requesting Dynata to stop calling you, is as simple as it gets. You can easily add yourself to their no-contact list, and stop receiving their calls. Call 1-833-757-1746 (North America Region) or 1-801-341-0764 (Outside North America), and Dynata will stop right away.
2. Register Yourself on the National Do Not Call Registry
If you register with the National Do Not Call Registry, you can restrict Dynata and every other telemarketing company from calling you. The FTC (Federal Trade Commission) ensures that consumers can actually opt out of attending any unwanted telemarketing calls.
In fact, legitimate businesses can face penalties, while calling phone numbers from the list. In other words, enrolling your number would definitely ensure peace of mind to you.
3. Reach Out to Dynata Customer Support
You can also reach out to Dynata customer support in order to report a call, or just check if are on their no-contact list. You can reach out to Dynata at 1-833-757-1746 (North America Region) or 1-801-341-0764 (Outside North America).
4. Disconnect the Call
Even after receiving a call from Dynata, you can always disconnect the call at any time. Not to mention, you can also let the surveyor know that you no longer wish to receive calls from Dynata. This way, you would be added to their no-contact list, and won’t be able to receive any future calls whatsoever.
5. Make Use of a Call Blocker
If you have been receiving calls from Dynata, the above-mentioned steps can actually help you to opt-out. The same is not applicable, if you are receiving calls from scammers posing to be Dynata. That is why, downloading a Call Blocker can really come in handy to ignore such annoying calls.
How to Protect Your Personal Information During Phone Calls?
If you want to protect your personal information during any phone calls, here are some of the tips worth following in general:
1. Always make sure to be careful while speaking with unknown callers. Oftentimes, scammers tend to use legitimate phone numbers followed by real names to mislead you. In case you feel threatened during a phone call, make sure to hang up.
2. Be mindful of giving out any personal or financial information to your caller. Legitimate companies wouldn’t ask you for personal information including your Social Security number, bank account, or more.
3. While answering any unknown caller, make sure the person is not compelling you to press any button. This, in turn, would incur additional charges on your phone bill.
4. Never assume, who the scammers are pretending to be. Oftentimes, they would reach out to you as a government agency or reputable company such as Microsoft, IRS, and SSA. Oftentimes, they would use spoofed phone numbers to come off as legitimate.
5. Try to keep your system regularly updated with the version. This way, you can protect your device from phishing websites without compromising your data.
Frequently Asked Questions
While receiving calls from Dynata, do I need to take part in their surveys?
It completely depends upon the individual whether they want to participate in the survey or not. Not to mention, there are no obligations whatsoever. But, if you consider participating, you can really make a difference. Oftentimes, the surveys are all about sharing your opinions on the products or services of a particular company.
Where does Dynata use this information?
Dynata collects this information on behalf of the companies, which, in turn, is used to further improve their marketing strategies and products. In fact, your opinions can actually make a difference while allowing consumers to get better products and services. Dynata has a long list of clientele including Amazon, Nestle, Pepsico, and Spotify.
Do we get paid for receiving Dynata calls?
Dynata actually rewards their participants for partaking in their surveys. Oftentimes, these rewards are in the form of gift cards, cash, and even reward points which can be redeemed on certain stores. That being said, while some customers have confirmed receiving their rewards, others report not receiving them after completing their surveys.
You might get suspicious if you receive a call from Dynata for the first time. In fact, several people also ignore their thinking they are trying to sell something. But, now that you have a better understanding of how Dynata operates, you can decide by yourself whether to participate in their surveys or not.