Microsoft 365, is the new subscription-based service that comes with a lot of essential tools and confusion. We are familiar with the term Microsoft Office and 365, but some of us may wonder, what is Microsoft 365?
It’s a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) product offering all the basic features of Microsoft Office along with additional benefits. In this article, we will share the necessary details you need to know about Microsoft 365. So, let’s dive right into it.
Also Read: What is Twitter Circle? How to Use It?
What is Microsoft 365?
In simple words, Microsoft 365 is a collection of everything that Microsoft Office offers such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, One Note, etc, along with additional features like cloud storage, cyber protection, team management, minutes for Skype calling and more.
Microsoft 365 is actually the rebranded version of Microsoft Office 365. It’s a membership service with many helpful premium features. With just one subscription, you can use all the Microsoft tools on all the supported platforms such as Android, Windows, Mac, and iOS. Furthermore, you get 60 minutes of Skype calls to landlines and mobile phones and 1TB of storage space for each user included in your subscription.
Additional Features of Microsoft 365
There are quite a few quality features that make Microsoft 365 an intelligent purchase. Here are some of the vital ones:
1. Microsoft Editor
You might have used Grammarly to correct your grammatical errors. With Microsoft Editor, you can now do it in Microsoft Word itself. Furthermore, you can get web correction by installing the Microsft Editor Chrome or Microsoft Edge extension. Microsoft provides this editing service through an AI-powered service and supports 20 languages.
2. Banks in Excel
You can connect your bank account and credit card to MS Excel and get all the transaction details directly in excel. From there on, you can import financial spreadsheets accordingly. Microsoft uses Plaid to offer you this essential service. So, this will be a welcome addition for users.
3. Microsoft Teams
If you have used Slack, this is Microsoft’s take on Slack. You can now do all your business meetings with Microsoft Teams. The company intends to give you a place to connect with friends, family, along with business associates.
You can create groups, share to-do lists, host group chats, and do several other things.
4. Microsoft Family Safety
This feature allows you to control your children’s screen time, track your family member’s location information and more. Microsoft Family Safety is available for both Android and iOS. You can track the activity of your family members, like when they leave for work or school, get their location, etc.
5. Microsoft Defender
Microsoft Defender is another popular product to protect your Windows PC from malware and phishing attacks.
Microsoft 365 Pricing
Microsoft 365 offers various plans for individual use as well as organization. Here are they:
- Microsoft 365 Personal: The monthly subscription costs $6.99. You can opt for a yearly plan as well that costs $69.99. You get 1 TB of storage that is restricted to one person.
- Microsoft 365 Family: It costs $9.99 each month. Alternatively, if you go for the yearly plan, it is priced at $99.99. You can share this subscription with six people, and it also offers 1 TB of storage. Additionally, you get Microsoft safety features in the mobile application.
- Microsoft 365 Business (Basic): The Basic business plan starts at $5 for every user each month (need to go for the annual plan). The package offers Microsoft Teams, cloud storage, Word and Excel (web and mobile), and PowerPoint (mobile version).
- Microsoft 365 Business (Standard): You get Microsoft Teams, cloud storage, business email, and premium Office software at $12.50 per month for each user (annual plan) in the Standard plan.
- Microsoft 365 Business (Premium): If you want device management and cyberthreat protection, you must pay $20 monthly per user (annual plan). Both standard and advanced features are included in this one.
Overall, Microsoft 365 offers everything that Microsoft Office 365 does but with some new features. You can still make a one-time purchase of any Microsoft Office version and use it indefinitely. But, it will not be compatible with other platforms supported by Microsoft.
On the other hand, with a Microsoft 365 subscription, you can use the tools on every Microsoft-supported platform. Furthermore, you get features like Family Safety and Microsoft Editor that enhance the overall experience.
Also Read – How to Install Windows 11
Microsoft 365 – Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Microsoft 365 used for?
Microsoft 365 is a cloud service for improving your day-to-day productivity. Apart from apps like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Microsoft 365 allows you to manage your entire team on the cloud seamlessly.
2. Is Microsoft 365 still free?
You can get a free trial of Microsft 365. You can use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Microsoft Teams.
3. What does Microsoft 365 consist of?
The latest edition of Office applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. Moreover, with a Microsft 365 subscription, you can use it on Windows, iOS, tablets, and phones. Also, you get 1 TB of cloud storage in OneDrive.