Everyone would agree, how graphic intensive, and resource taking Minecraft can get overtime. If you are someone who wants to run Minecraft with ease, while significantly reducing any lag OptiFine is just what you need. Understanding how to use optifine can almost double your FPS within the game.
Neither less to say, packed with a plethora of customization options, you can experience Minecraft like never before. So, we have curated this article on how to download optifine and streamline the entire process of installing it.
What Exactly is OptiFine?
OptiFine is a Minecraft mod that can easily smooth out the overall graphics execution in Minecraft. Once you have downloaded OptiFine, it can drastically lift the overall frame rates within the game. In fact, this is the perfect fit for all the gamers who want to explore the unchartered domains in Minecraft.
Highlights for Minecraft OptiFine
One of the primary reasons, OptFine gained a ton of popularity is due to the various visual improvements it brings forth in Minecraft. Here is a curated list of some of the highlights you can enjoy while using OptiFine:
- Without restacking an entire world, you can simply change the texture packs.
- Alternate chunk loading is included for smooth and multi-core. But, players often experience a significant drop in FPS.
- Added water transparency that can enable you to observe the bottom of the water body.
- Added feature to render water and plant darker.
- The “Fast Math” uses advanced rendering capabilities in order to improve the overall FPS.
- With the “Chunk Update” changes are made while refreshing pieces.
- Enjoy more lump updates, when the player is standing idle with the “Dynamic Update.”
- Significant changes on the light-producing objects through “Dynamic Lighting.”
How to Install OptiFine?
In order to download and properly install OptiFine, follow the steps mentioned below:
How to Install OptiFine For Minecraft
- First of all, visit the official website of OptiFine, head over to Downloads section, select the appropriate version and click on Download.
- Go to the destination where you have downloaded the file, right-click on it and select open with > Java™ Platform SE binary.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions, click on install and wait for few seconds.
- Once OptiFine is installed, go to Minecraft launcher, click on little green arrow-up icon, search for the adaptation OptiFine. Once the variant is selected, you can play the game.
Step 1: Download OptiFine
First of all, head over to the official website. While heading to the download section, there are different variants to choose from. Our recommendation would be to go with the “Ultra” version, as it comes with the most number of highlights. But you are also free to choose the version as per your Minecraft version. Once you select the “Download” button, you will be redirected to another page, where you can find the file.
Step 2: Execute the OptiFine Installer
Find your installer from the path, where you have downloaded the file. The overall installation process is very straightforward. Just “right-click” on the file and choose the “open with” option. Select “Java™ Platform SE binary.” This. In turn, will open up a small program for you.
Step 3: Install OptiFine
Once the installation window pops up, follow the on-screen instructions. Click on the “Install” button, and wait for a few moments till the program greets you with a success message.
Step 4: Run Minecraft OptiFine
After you have successfully installed OptiFine, you can’t run it right away. Instead, open your typical Minecraft launcher. Right beside the “PLAY” button, you will find a little, green, up arrow. Click on it, to search for the adaption “OptiFine.” Once you have chosen the variant, now you can play the game.
Also Read: 5 Free Open Source Games For Windows
Enjoy Your Minecraft with OptiFine
This was all about how you can actually download and execute the install of OptiFine in Minecraft. With the introduction of OptiFine, it has completely changed the way we perceive Minecraft. In case you want to accelerate your gameplay, simply turn down the designs to make it more resemble the original Minecraft.
That being said, let us know in the comment section below how the installation worked out for you.