Microsoft has announced the official name of next major Windows 10 update. They have followed the earlier naming scheme and named it Windows 10 October 2018 Update. The new update will go live next month but there are some important updates and cool features that make this update worth waiting for.
In a blog post, Microsoft’s Corporate VP Roanne Sones says, “With this update, we’ll be bringing new features and enhancements to the nearly 700 million devices running Windows 10 that help people make the most of their time.” The upcoming update codenamed Redstone 5 will also bring improvement to Microsoft Edge and other areas.
Though Microsoft hasn’t reconfirmed which features will make it to the final Windows 10 October 2018 Update, but the Redmond giant has been publicly testing this update via its Windows Insider Program for a while now, and so it’s definitely worth to know about these interesting changes that the testing has revealed.
New Features and Changes in Windows 10 October 2018 Update
- Dark Mode in File Explorer: The company has already announced that a dark theme is making its way to Windows 10. Initially, it will arrive in File Explorer and Common File Dialog menu. You can access this feature under Settings > Personalisation > Colours after the Windows 10 October 2018 Update.
- A New Clipboard: A new cloud-based clipboard is arriving in the next update. This will sync with your other devices giving you a seamless experience. The new Clipboard will be viewable by pressing Win + V Keys and work on the same technology as Sets and Timeline.
- Tile Folders: With the new update, you will see an option to name the folder whenever you expand any folder having several tiles in it. The names will be viewable in medium, wide, or large-sized view.
- New FAQs: The new Windows 10 Update will bring a Bing-powered contextual FAQs available in the Settings menu as well.
- Improvements in Microsoft Edge: The company is making Edge show browsers tabs in the Alt + Tab mode. This feature will be added in Sets, which will also get a Microsoft’s fluent design based title bar and the window border will be changed to grey. You will also have the ability to mute specific tabs and snooze them in the background. There will also some Speed enhancements.
- A New Snipping Tool will be added.
- Microsoft may also bring several changes in Windows Shell, Windows Settings, Microsoft Cortana and bug fixes with the Windows 10 October 2018 Update.
With the new major Windows 10 update, Microsoft has also showcased some Windows 10 laptop such as Lenovo Yoga C630, Yoga Book C930, Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1, Surface Go, Acer Predator Triton 900. On the other hand, the company is now focusing on the next Windows 10 Update, codenamed 19H1. We don’t have any information on which major features will be included in this update, but it’s likely to arrive in April 2019. So, are you excited to try the new features on your Windows? tell me in the comments section below.