With the recent boom in smartphone selling, the number of fraud cases also get increased. Today, we have many manufacturers in the smartphone industry. They are ready to give flagship grade features at cheap prices. Though the authentic sources only sell original items, if you are planning to buy a new smartphone from a less known source or from an unknown person, you have to be more careful. If you prefer watching the video instead and understand Hindi, watch the video below or just skip it.
Nowadays, the number of fake smartphones or so-called clone smartphones have increased too much. There is nothing wrong with buying clone phones knowingly. The problem arises when people cheat consumers by selling fake smartphones.
Sometimes, these fake phones look so original that a normal consumer can’t identify. There are cases where fake phone manufacturers are found to be so lazy that they even do spelling mistakes, printing mistakes, etc on the product packaging. Anyone can spot these mistakes just by looking at the package carefully. But, It’s rare.
Also Read: Check out some cool Google tricks to improve your search experience
In this article, I will tell you how to check if a mobile phone is original or fake in the easiest way. Every genuine smartphone company has an authority to sell the mobile phones with an IMEI number. IMEI or International Mobile Equipment Identity is a 15-digit number which shows the legitimacy of the device. Every phone requires this number to register it on a carrier network and its unique to every mobile phone.
The IMEI number is consists of three things – the first 8-digit is known as TAC (Type Allocation Code) represents the device model, the next 6-digit is SNR (Serial Number) and the last one digit is called CD (check digit) or SD (spare digit). If your phone has a 16-digit IMEI number, then the last two digits will represent the software version.
How to check if a mobile phone is original or fake?
Often fake mobile phones don’t have an IMEI number or use a fake one. So, You can use the IMEI number to check the legitimacy of any mobile phone.
- Just look at the box or below the battery (if removable) or simply dial *#06# to find the IMEI number of your phone.
- Open imei.info website, enter the IMEI number at the box and press enter.
- If the website shows all the details of your phone, your phone is original. Otherwise, if the website will show “Invalid IMEI”, your phone may not be original or someone has tweaked the IMEI number manually.
If you want to check the authenticity of an iPhone, just follow the steps below:
- First of all, find the serial number of the iPhone. You check look at the box or at the back panel or just navigate to Settings > General > About.
- Then, visit checkcoverage.apple.com, enter the serial number and captcha and click on continue.
- The website will show the warranty status of the device, and also verify whether it’s original or duplicate.
If you know any other way to check the authenticity of a smartphone? do let us know in the comments section below. For more useful posts, stay tuned with Tech4Fresher.